Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mix by Zbat
Hi,

Here is my mix, I wanted to emphasize the goth-ish aspect the song and make it colder with lots of reverb, maybe overly distorted drums etc. but did not end up pushing it that far, still used plenty of reverb.

Often panned stuff on one side with the reverb on the other side, played a bit with distortion to give everything a bit of the "on the edge" feeling.

I did not understand the purpose of the effects so in the end I just decided to go nuts, adding distortion, a whammy pedal and lots of delay, all automated to create an explosive impression.

I duped the back vocals at the end with one a bit delayed to give a bit more depth and evolution from the previous choruses.

I don't remember what I did apart from that.

I'm looking for any feedback, please let me know what you think!

Thanks
Quentin

.mp3    Butterfly Effect.mp3 --  (Download: 10.23 MB)

(20-03-2019, 09:23 AM)Zbat Wrote: Hi,

Here is my mix, I wanted to emphasize the goth-ish aspect the song and make it colder with lots of reverb, maybe overly distorted drums etc. but did not end up pushing it that far, still used plenty of reverb.

Often panned stuff on one side with the reverb on the other side, played a bit with distortion to give everything a bit of the "on the edge" feeling.

I did not understand the purpose of the effects so in the end I just decided to go nuts, adding distortion, a whammy pedal and lots of delay, all automated to create an explosive impression.

I duped the back vocals at the end with one a bit delayed to give a bit more depth and evolution from the previous choruses.

I don't remember what I did apart from that.

I'm looking for any feedback, please let me know what you think!

Thanks
Quentin
People dont really give feedback on here huh? Seems like an inactive forum