Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passenger Side AndyGallas Mix
Nice :)

.mp3    PassengerSide_ag.mp3 --  (Download: 9.85 MB)

.mp3    PassengerSide2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.85 MB)

.mp3    PassengerSide2b.mp3 --  (Download: 9.85 MB)

Very nice...
Maybe the drums are a bit to "cklicy" for me(subjective), and the snare is a bit "heavy". Cymbals are a bit harsh at the end.
But thats just nitpicking, I like the mix.
Thank you very much!
I like this mix, sounds really good.

It may be worth using an expander/gate on the Toms to control their low end wobble as it feels some times like the "wobble" is effecting the tightness of the kick/bass.

cheers
Be fierce in your encouragement, kind in your criticism and try and remember that the art of a good critique is not to make someone else's mix sound like yours...but to help the mixer realize their own vision.

https://soundcloud.com/hbguitar
(26-03-2019, 11:36 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: I like this mix, sounds really good.

It may be worth using an expander/gate on the Toms to control their low end wobble as it feels some times like the "wobble" is effecting the tightness of the kick/bass.

cheers

Thank you very much for listening! Agree with you, I did a second mix.

Cheers!
Very tight and focused mix. V2 is way better on the drum kit. Kick/snare/bass combo drive the tune all right, the snare sound is just perfect.
And again, the cymbals at the end are just too much. Are they just from the OH's or were you using the so called 'Hat' mic?

Melikes, thou it left me wanting for some more track (guitars and organ).
(01-04-2019, 05:25 PM)Deliza Wrote: Very tight and focused mix. V2 is way better on the drum kit. Kick/snare/bass combo drive the tune all right, the snare sound is just perfect.
And again, the cymbals at the end are just too much. Are they just from the OH's or were you using the so called 'Hat' mic?

Melikes, thou it left me wanting for some more track (guitars and organ).

Thank you very much! The cymbals at the end are played really hard, in the loudest part in Mix 2 the overheads are even muted but there is still a lot of leakage in the tom mics I could bring down plus I might eq the room mics only in that part.

Cheers!
Update Mix2b with fixed cymbal terror at the end of the mix Smile