Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who I am
V2 redo
Redone to see how it goes months after the 1st try

Original
Mixed this a few months ago forgot I had it - Nice country song

.mp3    Who I am.mp3 --  (Download: 7.02 MB)

.mp3    Who I Am V2 Redo.mp3 --  (Download: 7.09 MB)

I like it. It might be too compressed (and I looove compression) but the sound works for a radio friendly country tune. It might not work if it was actually played on radio and gets a little fatiguing after multiple listens. While I like the overall compression and tone one the instruments it could benefit from more dynamics. Especially at the chorus. I don't know how you have everything bussed but if it could open up more at the chorus that would help give the mix somewhere to go and breathe more.

That said frequency wise the balances all work. It's a 'warm' sounding mix which is saying a lot for all of the acoustic/fiddle upper mids. It sounds like a record.
Notice on yours there were some background vocals - must have lost mine or downloaded this from somewhere else. This must have been a slate mix- had no other plug ins then. Country is not really my thing so just mixed it until I liked it - but saying that it was well recorded, performed well and a good acoustic type song so fairly easy overall.