Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ale Lak- Nosso Mundo Deixou De Existir
First attempt at this mix. All kinds of feedback is welcome Big Grin

.mp3    Ale Lak-Nosso Mundo Deixou De Existir Mix 1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.24 MB)

(16-03-2019, 03:47 PM)lu_mfm Wrote: First attempt at this mix. All kinds of feedback is welcome Big Grin

Update. Last mix felt too boring.

.mp3    Ale Lak-Nosso Mundo Deixou De Existir Mix 3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.11 MB)

Hey lu_mfm,

mix 3 a big improvement on mix 1 - much more aggressive (as befits the genre) and overall, better balanced.

That said, I found it quite hard to listen to the mix at high volume levels. Whenever i cranked the volume, i almost immediately had to turn it down. This for for me is always a sign that something is amiss.....and the mix has a piercing quality to it that make high volume playback problematic.

two main areas where i think you could make improvements;

Vox seems harsh - good place to start is 2.5-3.5 KHz range. seek and destroy any unpleasant buildup. this will help the vox sit more comfortably in the mix plus give the added advantage of giving apparent weight to the tone.....cutting mid range harshness will make the tone sound thicker.

Pre Chorus Guitars - centrally panned guitars sound both "honky" and "harsh"....and seem to be fighting with the vocal for attention.

chorus guitars sound good, so if you can find an nice bright EQ balance for the pre-chorus guitars that match the thicker, wide panned guitars, i think you'll be onto a winner.

Kick and bass sound good. Snare gets a bit papery from time to time.....maybe worth thinking about some eq here to add a bit more weight and punch.

cheers,
Be fierce in your encouragement, kind in your criticism and try and remember that the art of a good critique is not to make someone else's mix sound like yours...but to help the mixer realize their own vision.

https://soundcloud.com/hbguitar
(30-03-2019, 09:04 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: Hey lu_mfm,

mix 3 a big improvement on mix 1 - much more aggressive (as befits the genre) and overall, better balanced.

That said, I found it quite hard to listen to the mix at high volume levels. Whenever i cranked the volume, i almost immediately had to turn it down. This for for me is always a sign that something is amiss.....and the mix has a piercing quality to it that make high volume playback problematic.

two main areas where i think you could make improvements;

Vox seems harsh - good place to start is 2.5-3.5 KHz range. seek and destroy any unpleasant buildup. this will help the vox sit more comfortably in the mix plus give the added advantage of giving apparent weight to the tone.....cutting mid range harshness will make the tone sound thicker.

Pre Chorus Guitars - centrally panned guitars sound both "honky" and "harsh"....and seem to be fighting with the vocal for attention.

chorus guitars sound good, so if you can find an nice bright EQ balance for the pre-chorus guitars that match the thicker, wide panned guitars, i think you'll be onto a winner.

Kick and bass sound good. Snare gets a bit papery from time to time.....maybe worth thinking about some eq here to add a bit more weight and punch.

cheers,

Hey HbGuitar!

Sweet! thanks a lot for your input! I had no clue about the high volume test so i'll definitely keep that in mind for future mixes. Spot on the honky tone for the pre chorus guitars, i'll work on changing that as well as the paper snare.

Again, thank you for your feedback.

Happy mixing.