Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shore
Nice tune

.mp3    Shore.mp3 --  (Download: 8.85 MB)

It feels cool. I like the 80s/drum machine feel. Maybe a bit harsh but my ears might just be fried at this point. The tonality seems to change in the chorus. My biggest complaint is that when it's this stripped down the song gets pretty boring. It could use some other effects, maybe on the vocals or bass or wherever to catch the ear and give the song a little more motion.
Nice idea, but at isolating the kick the inconsistency of the pattern in every second half of the chord wheel makes the beat feel weak. It's not that much of an issue when the kick gels with the rest of the kit, but with the sound you're going after it is more complicated, because you're exposing a flaw in the arrangement, rather than hiding it, and thus making the audience aware of it or, at least, annoying them somehow without them knowing what's happening. It might be worth to edit the pattern (so it stays the same for every bar, more or less up to you) and, since you're going for a drum machine sound and the tune is played to a click, it'd be easy and fast to do.

Like Roy says, it still might feel too naked, maybe a simple buzzy sounding pad playing the chords and going thru a tremolo ala "How Soon Is Now" or just gated by a 1/16? MIDI pattern could do the trick, add delay and reverb to taste and presto!