Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chad Hollister Band: 'Eyes' - Crownoise mix
Hi all! This is my version, got a bit bass heavy and a tad low volume, hope you like it.

.mp3    Before you go-001.mp3 --  (Download: 10.51 MB)

Hi Crownoise listening to your mix liking that snare and the guitars are ok but i feel that the kick is alittle boomy not making any room for the bass,hope that helps and thanks for sharing your mix.
Reaper user
Hey Cownoise,

I really like how all the individual elements sound in your mix. vox, bass and drums are solid and lock the song down really well.

I think the balance of the instruments could do with some tweaks. Sometimes the balance really works e.g during the guitar solo and breakdown but at other times i think it needs work e.g during verses the electric guitar seems a bit loud vs the vox

I think the electric guitar would benefit from some judicious level automation. Its a relatively long song so as much as i LOVE the guitar, its good to have a break every now and then....."absence makes the heart grow fonder" and all that Smile

hope this helps.

Cheers.

Be fierce in your encouragement, kind in your criticism and try and remember that the art of a good critique is not to make someone else's mix sound like yours...but to help the mixer realize their own vision.

https://soundcloud.com/hbguitar