Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
santa fe NEW 3RD+4TH GEN M.o.T.d. mix
M.O.T.D. Mix + freeverb3
LOADS THE PROCESSING ON THE BUSS VERS 82a, 85 Has a clean(er) buss ,----'BREAK ALL THE RULES YEAH! MAKE TROUBLE' (LYRICS {'quote'}COURTESY J.MOPED ESQ.)
They are also the first mixes I've done since truly 'finishing' my plugins (as in everything works and is calibrated correctly ), still possibly a little fine tuning to do. Who Knows
p.s. in case anyone is interested thebass has the b/d side chaining its comp, the drums have the bass sidechaining their tape sim and the vocals have the reverb (modulations) sidechained by guitars to help them cut through and project more (not that they really need it ),

4TH Gen mix is the first testing of a complete rebuild/re-design of my plugins, slimmed down, more concise and to the point, I'm happy.
Mark

.mp3    SANTA FE V mj 12 F.mp3 --  (Download: 8.09 MB)

.mp3    SANTA FE V 2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.09 MB)

.mp3    SANTA FE RE3.mp3 --  (Download: 9.99 MB)

.mp3    SANTA FE RE7.mp3 --  (Download: 9.99 MB)

I only listened to #3. It's a little roomy for my taste. It kind of loses some of the intimacy of the lead vocal. It works on the BGVs but overall the parts feel like they're in different spaces as opposed to felling like they're in one room.
Frequency wise everything seems to work and the balances all seem ok.
(11-03-2019, 09:18 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: I only listened to #3. It's a little roomy for my taste. It kind of loses some of the intimacy of the lead vocal. It works on the BGVs but overall the parts feel like they're in different spaces as opposed to felling like they're in one room.
Frequency wise everything seems to work and the balances all seem ok.
Thanks for the feedback I have to admit I was heavy handed with the reverbs, hopefully it's a bit less disjointed now

sounds good! the 100-200ish hz area feels a bit crowded from time to time. but in overall very nice vintage sound. didnt find reverbs distracting. nice work. ^_^
Sounds a bit thick in the middle which is masking a good portion of the mix.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Thank you all for the feedback, is much needed + appreciated,
Many Thanks,
Mark
New mix would appreciate feedback
V15 is still a bit bass heavy on my system. I'm also losing the vocals in spots....very noticeable after the guitar solo.
Still sounds floppy and too thick in the middle which is still masking a good portion of the bottom end of the mix.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
should be better now,This is processed using plugins I'm developing, I had a bit of difficulty incorporating pitch tracking with dynamic distance filters, should be okey dokey the noo ,tis a bit strange that the hundreds of acceptable mixes I've posted have never had a single comment,as soon as I hit a technical problem updating my software,,consequently post a dodgy mix,all the 'helpful' self acclaimed professionals crawl out of the woodwork, people eh!