Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blood To The Bone
My try of this song Big Grin !

.mp3    Blood To The Bone- V1.._1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.06 MB)

.mp3    Blood To The Bone- V2..mp3 --  (Download: 10.4 MB)

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

All a bit distant sounding i think
(30-09-2013, 11:58 AM)takka360 Wrote: All a bit distant sounding i think

Uploaded version 2 !
Thanks Alan !

I think you are changing the guitar tones too much and i think the drums are far too weak
sounding and still very distant,the bass in the chorus is way too loud and taking over everything
and it is in most of the mix.Vox dont sound too bad but i think the bv could flow over the mix a bit more.
All in in all i think you can do better than this to be honest.
Thanks Alan for your feedback !
Scraped the session and Having fun with a fresh new mix using different reference cd's, uploaded another v2 mix quick mix .
Thanks !

Listenin version 2.
Good balance in intro.
Bas could shine more with that little brighter jazz sound, if only in intro. There it plays what could be a lead melody if the mix engineer decide so.
Verse: the bas is a tad loud. Drums sound real good and lead voice.
Background voices need a little work to fit in mix I think, be it eq or other verb.

Version 1:
I love that bas sound in intro, I realise its a bit distant and voice is pretty dominant in this mix.
Balance is better in version 2 ! Bassound is more even here in version 1.

I hear the bass problem in version 2 as just some notes bein a little loud. Maybe locate them and dip those frequencies. Version 1 at 2.47 the bass plays an A, seem its the 3rd string fretted 12th, and some basses have certain notes really louder some palces than others, maybe some eq uatomation there, dippin 110 Hz or what ever the frequency is there. You get the picture ? its not all the time, a little harder comp could even it out too.

But a good drumsound mix 2 and good round bass. Hope you canuse tis :-) And I love the kick Big Grin
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Mike wrote: The bass part is too varied to allow a single processing approach for the whole song. Again, multing/automation is likely to be necessary if you're going to create a stable balance.

Now youve done such a great job on the drums its worth lookin into the bass and you have a great foundation for the rest. Good work !
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
(01-10-2013, 06:58 PM)Voelund Wrote: Listenin version 2.
Good balance in intro.
Bas could shine more with that little brighter jazz sound, if only in intro. There it plays what could be a lead melody if the mix engineer decide so.
Verse: the bas is a tad loud. Drums sound real good and lead voice.
Background voices need a little work to fit in mix I think, be it eq or other verb.

Version 1:
I love that bas sound in intro, I realise its a bit distant and voice is pretty dominant in this mix.
Balance is better in version 2 ! Bassound is more even here in version 1.

I hear the bass problem in version 2 as just some notes bein a little loud. Maybe locate them and dip those frequencies. Version 1 at 2.47 the bass plays an A, seem its the 3rd string fretted 12th, and some basses have certain notes really louder some palces than others, maybe some eq uatomation there, dippin 110 Hz or what ever the frequency is there. You get the picture ? its not all the time, a little harder comp could even it out too.

But a good drumsound mix 2 and good round bass. Hope you canuse tis :-) And I love the kick Big Grin

Thanks for having a listen and detailed feedback, i am finding this is another great challenging track to play with and learn something new from ,will rest my ears and spend a little more time on it: D.

(30-09-2013, 07:09 AM)thedon Wrote: My try of this song Big Grin !

In my opinion I think the bass is a too prominent in the chorus sections.
The drums seem too thin/soft, might be the bass overpowering them.
Overheads are also too loud.

Vocals sound well balanced.

Those aren't major issues.
A couple of dB's here and there should balance it out much better!
A song is never finished... Only abandoned. So sing if you've got nothing left to say.
(12-11-2013, 10:18 AM)Gerrit Wrote:
(30-09-2013, 07:09 AM)thedon Wrote: My try of this song Big Grin !

In my opinion I think the bass is a too prominent in the chorus sections.
The drums seem too thin/soft, might be the bass overpowering them.
Overheads are also too loud.

Vocals sound well balanced.

Those aren't major issues.
A couple of dB's here and there should balance it out much better!

Thank you very much for having a listen and detailed feedback !
I found this great track to learn something from !
I had a look at the last project an realized that I had used no compression on the bass ,having another listen again after a break and needs a remix !
Thank You Wink