Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Two Bare Hands
Tune up and turn loud.Cool

Comments Critiques and Feedback(s) are welcome.

please match the levels in case of comparison. Tongue

D3 is the latest version

.mp3    Two Bare Hands D2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.57 MB)

.mp3    Two Bare Hands D3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.57 MB)

Hard Work With Correct Knowledge+Information in the Right Direction is Not The Key To Success , But Success Is The Name Of these Three Elements Unified.
It feels pretty good. The main thing that jumps out at me is the snare sound. There's a lot of under mic in the mix. The tambourine part is a little loud and distracting.
Thanks a lot man. I'll try some automation in a short while. Enjoy D2.

(By the way, I'm aware of that loud snare and It really feels energetic while headbanging)Big GrinCool
Hard Work With Correct Knowledge+Information in the Right Direction is Not The Key To Success , But Success Is The Name Of these Three Elements Unified.
(10-03-2019, 03:03 PM)Vibhu Dixit Wrote: (By the way, I'm aware of that loud snare and It really feels energetic while headbanging)Big GrinCool
That's fair. If you like it, stand by it.
The kick drum is fantastic for Metallica or something like that. The hit hat is loud. Too room? Is my opinion.

I think that the mix is a bit agressive.

Listening to D3 only I find it pretty good. Aggressive? Yes, but in a good way. Nitpicking would say the right side feels a bit empty.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
A few comments to the D3 version:
  • you have a bit of hum before the song,
  • the perspective is skewed (might be related to the right side feeling a bit empty, as mentioned already by mixinthecould),
  • nice support guitar balance starting at ~1:13,
  • figurative el. guitar at ~1:41 fights with the vocal,
  • kick is a tad too prominent for me,
  • balance of the outro feels great.