Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ED Passenger Side
Hi everyone
Is a wonderfull song but I had some problems with the guitars and the tom. Keeping the tom sounding all song was a torture for me.
The voice has automation for some parts and the and at the chorus moment I decided put on two guitars more, basically for change the dynamic, the drums not much change .

Saludos!

I added a second version, now the drum is less agressive. I'm not happy with the mix but I'm happy with the guitars.

.mp3    Even Darling \'passenger Side\'.mp3 --  (Download: 9.85 MB)

.mp3    2 version ED Passenger.mp3 --  (Download: 9.85 MB)

Hi. I think it sounds pretty good when everything is playing together. Right at the beginning though, there is some phase issues on the drums. Did you put a lot of EQ on the individual drum tracks?
Research Scientist, interested in Audio Technology and Psychoacoustics.
Music Producer and Audio Engineer.

Mixing livestreams --- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc4fser...o60xeOPDHQ

Speak your mind --- https://www.minds.com/alexwilson?referrer=alexwilson
(08-03-2019, 07:52 PM)Alex Wilson Wrote: Hi. I think it sounds pretty good when everything is playing together. Right at the beginning though, there is some phase issues on the drums. Did you put a lot of EQ on the individual drum tracks?

Hi. Maybe haha and some busses for the drum, I did a new mix, well, I did changes in the drum for this. With perspective I see some problems with the snare, appear and dissapear.

Thanks for spend time to listening to and the comment.
Kudos for working hard that second guitar, you gave it way more articulation than I thought doable listening to the raws. It's nice to see a jangle guitar driven mix, reminds me of the way indie rock would sound in the 80's (I guessed they hated big drums, didn't they?).

I dig the middle eight. While most of us did concentrate on the stereo toms dynamic, yours has a strange but very real and acoustic vibe. I found myself focusing on the vocals (brief 'A Star is Born' moment) and the sweet chords of the right guitar. Great placement of the organ, too.

It could do with slightly punchier drums and it's not a modern sounding mix but it sounds great and it drives the tune. I really liked this