Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evening Darling *'Passenger Side*
Evening Darling -- 'Passenger Side' Mix

Did some Tweaks

.mp3    Evening Darling - Passenger Side - Mix 1.0_01.mp3 --  (Download: 9.85 MB)

.mp3    Evening Darling - Passenger Side - Mix 1.02.mp3 --  (Download: 9.85 MB)

It feels pretty good. The only thing that jumped out at me was some snare hits in the bridge that popped out. The lead vocals sound nice. Very clear. Just wish it were slightly more exciting. It's a minor point but it sounds good and could just a little more brightness or something. That's all I noticed.
Good job.
Good stuff! Do I hear a very subtle modulation on the vocals in places?

I'd have the same comment about brightness. I got a sense that there were places that could have used more de-essing and places where i thought there was too much. I see now that there are some odd dips in the spectrum around 6.5 and 11 kHz, so I think that's what creates an odd timbre at high frequencies -- what processing caused them I'm not sure.
Research Scientist, interested in Audio Technology and Psychoacoustics.
Music Producer and Audio Engineer.

Mixing livestreams --- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc4fser...o60xeOPDHQ

Speak your mind --- https://www.minds.com/alexwilson?referrer=alexwilson
Thank you for lis†ening and comments, i will check that.
(08-03-2019, 09:49 AM)Alex Wilson Wrote: Good stuff! Do I hear a very subtle modulation on the vocals in places?

I'd have the same comment about brightness. I got a sense that there were places that could have used more de-essing and places where i thought there was too much. I see now that there are some odd dips in the spectrum around 6.5 and 11 kHz, so I think that's what creates an odd timbre at high frequencies -- what processing caused them I'm not sure.

Thx! used some modulaten on the reverb i will check the spectrum.
(08-03-2019, 04:41 AM)RoyMatthews Wrote: It feels pretty good. The only thing that jumped out at me was some snare hits in the bridge that popped out. The lead vocals sound nice. Very clear. Just wish it were slightly more exciting. It's a minor point but it sounds good and could just a little more brightness or something. That's all I noticed.
Good job.

Thanks Roy, the edit is maybe better.
I didn't A/B it with the first mix but 1.02 sounds good to me. No complaints.
Hey,
Simply good work, nothing particular that I could be nitpicking. Good work Smile
Everything is great but the vocals seems narrow and highly disconnected and the difference between the lead vox and backgrounds is too drastic to my ear. I wonder if that is an artifact of gating on the vocal? this is real close to being excellent. The dynamics of the ensemble are great.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Maybe it's the lack of bass that's making the vox feel detached? I'm on headphones, so I'm not to tell but bass is almost nonexistent (especially on v2, which except for that is the best of both mixes).

Snare sounds great, totally pro (save those weird hits in the middle 8), but I'm afraid the mix doesn't work for me.