Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Dont ya stay - RJ
This one really kicked my A** after 10 hours, I give up... here it is for your listening displeasure. Angry

Took another crack, ver 2 shouldn't be as offensive... tried to make the snare a bit more snappy (Love a snappy ya know) and thinned out the guitars, (maybe too much) I don't think my blend is very good on them, just too many to chose from!

New in ver3: Few more tweaks before I archive this one and forget about it. Brought up the Hammond and Rhodes a bit, and cleaned up the vocal just a touch. The only mastering is via a multiband, quick and sloppy Dodgy
Cheers

.mp3    Why don\'t you stay.mp3 --  (Download: 9.37 MB)

.mp3    Why don\'t you stay-Ver 2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.37 MB)

.mp3    Why don\'t you stay-V3.mp3 --  (Download: 12 MB)

Tone is in the ear of the beholder....
Ha. Thanks for sharing. Yeah, this mix is pretty off. Oh well, it happens.
I will say that usually when a mix is fighting me and taking too long to come together it's either really poorly recorded or I'm trying too much and creating more issues and problems for myself to have to continually counter. Which is fine. These songs are for learning and trying new things. This song was recorded pretty well so I'd say try it again and just try to go with simple balances before trying too much in the way of adding effects and character. If that makes sense. Hope that helps.
(06-03-2019, 02:28 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: Ha. Thanks for sharing. Yeah, this mix is pretty off. Oh well, it happens.
I will say that usually when a mix is fighting me and taking too long to come together it's either really poorly recorded or I'm trying too much and creating more issues and problems for myself to have to continually counter. Which is fine. These songs are for learning and trying new things. This song was recorded pretty well so I'd say try it again and just try to go with simple balances before trying too much in the way of adding effects and character. If that makes sense. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the encouragement. Noticed also I failed to clean house a bit, sounds like the bass track has the strings hitting the pickup... and the vocals are a bit ess'y. Guess I'll start over and try again! Cheers Roy!
Tone is in the ear of the beholder....