Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EYES MIX
My tkae feedback is appreciated and given back thanks

.mp3    EYES3.3.1.mp3 --  (Download: 5.22 MB)

.mp3    EYES.mp3 --  (Download: 5.2 MB)

.mp3    EYES2.5.1.mp3 --  (Download: 5.29 MB)

I could only give it a quick listen at the moment but it sounds a little off. Quite midrangy and pretty mono.
Thanks for the listen I hear exactly what your saying i did an update
Overall V2 is an improvement. There's a couple of things that I'm still hearing.

The biggest issue I'm noticing is some phase issues and hollowness on some parts. I'm suspecting that you might be using multiple microphones on some sources. The vocal in particular is a little hollow/boxy and I'm wondering if you're using both the condenser and dynamic mics at the same time. I'd check the polarity on the electric guitar amps/mic. It feels ok but I think it also might have some phase issues in the mix. It does't have that solid spot in space. The same might apply to the ac guitar. The Di isn't a pretty sound but it might be better than having leakage from the mic added in. I could be wrong about all this though.

The vocal could use some DeEssing.

I feel like the congas and snare overlap on around 200hz (give or take) and some masking is occurring. Consider cutting somewhere on the congas to give the snare room to pop through and clean things up a bit.

The overall reverbs might be a bit long/big and blurs the mix. At least the (plate?) verb on the vocal. Maybe I'm hearing the room/chamber(?) mics as well.

The mandolin is hard to hear. Especially in its solo section.

Horns sound good. Check them with the vocal though because there's a lot of horn leakage on the vox mic and that might change the overall sound/blend as opposed to how they might sound in solo. The bass and drums feel ok, if a little small. The kick might have too much of a "basketball" tone but that only stands out in the bridge. The snare is a little boxy.

Lastly, the mix seems a little too squashed.

Overall, I'd consider minimizing the mics using in the mix. A number of individual mono tracks might work better and sound bigger (while also cutting down on leakage) in the end rather than panned out multiple microphones. Keep in mind that these Telefunken songs are ultimately ads for their products (not that there's anything wrong with that) so not every track might be necessary to the sound, just options. I'm sure you know this already but just throwing that out there for other people reading.
Thanks for the detailed feedback. I was using the multiple mics lol good catch. I adjusted via your suggestions and did an update.

Thanks was helpful