Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated - Movin to Sante Fe with Fruition - Mix 5
What a great groove and wonderful song. Again, the simplicity is beguiling yet filled with traps to avoid and nuance to find.

This is a quick mix of the song with little automation.

It was well recordred and wonderfully performed and is a real gem.

I hope you enjoy my version.

Mix 2
Did my automations and clarifications here. I am very happy with the results.

Mix 3
New mastering...

Mix 4
A gentle re-balance and remastering starting with the snare rippling to the bass and then the vocals. Nothing drastic. Remastering narrowed the mid-side in the high end and brought up some warmth in the mids. 10.6 LUFS

Mix 5
Re-balance and re-automate the guitars. Enhanced the environment.

As always comments, inquiries and banter is appreciated.

mITc.

.mp3    Fruition - Sante Fe - Mix 1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.46 MB)

.mp3    Fruition - Sante Fe - Mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.27 MB)

.mp3    Fruition - Sante Fe - Mix 3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.27 MB)

.mp3    Fruition - Sante Fe - Mix 4.mp3 --  (Download: 8.27 MB)

.mp3    Labor of Love - Sante Fe - Mix 5.mp3 --  (Download: 8.27 MB)

PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Sounds good. Very natural. My only thought was maybe the vocal could be louder and more in the forefront.
Sounds nice.

I think the vocal level in general is nicely tucked in but needs more automation where she moves away from the mic, she tends to start too far from the mic as she begins phrases. The organ is masking the vocal too, in the spots where it is playing when she is singing.

Also, the guitar on the left is quiet for the solo.
Sounds pretty good to me ,this is a live performance and i like that naturalness for this song.I talked about 2nd version.Maybe just some sidechain compression could be beneficial for mix.

Cheers

(07-03-2019, 07:00 PM)berkaykorkmaz Wrote: Sounds pretty good to me ,this is a live performance and i like that naturalness for this song.I talked about 2nd version.Maybe just some sidechain compression could be beneficial for mix.

Cheers

Side chain on what?
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(07-03-2019, 07:36 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote:
(07-03-2019, 07:00 PM)berkaykorkmaz Wrote: Sounds pretty good to me ,this is a live performance and i like that naturalness for this song.I talked about 2nd version.Maybe just some sidechain compression could be beneficial for mix.

Cheers

Side chain on what?

On lead vocal to make it more efficient but it is still good for me.I believe that lead vocal is the real star of this song ,by the way i mention minor side chain compression like 1 or 2 dB.

Nice mix,
Maybe the guitars are to dominant imho, it feels like the keys are to far in comparison. Maybe tucking in the guitars a bit and bringing the keys out a bit... but hey I'm just an amateur. Sounds Good, Great Job!
(22-03-2019, 07:27 PM)letifer85 Wrote: Nice mix,
Maybe the guitars are to dominant imho, it feels like the keys are to far in comparison. Maybe tucking in the guitars a bit and bringing the keys out a bit... but hey I'm just an amateur. Sounds Good, Great Job!

Thanks for the listen. I kind of like the placement of the organ but you may have a point with the guitars. There is a lot of automation on them which might need some tweaks.
You might enjoy Mix 3's guitar treatments better.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(22-03-2019, 07:36 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote:
(22-03-2019, 07:27 PM)letifer85 Wrote: Nice mix,

Thanks for the listen. I kind of like the placement of the organ but you may have a point with the guitars. There is a lot of automation on them which might need some tweaks.
You might enjoy Mix 3's guitar treatments better.

Yes in mix 3 I like the guitars a bit more, the keys are swimming though.
Also in my taste the automation on the guitars in the solo is a "bit" to much... I agree with the idea of bringing them up but maybe a bit less.

PS: just keep in mind that half of the time I have no idea what i'm doing or talking about so take only what you think suits you from the said above Smile
The low end sounds very good on my monitors and I really like the vocal treatment....just want to hear her more up front. The guitars are ruling the mix a bit much for me. Good work.