Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fruition: 'Santa Fe'
First, I tried to be faithful with the record.
Intenté ser fiel a la grabación, algo de compresión, reverbs y algún detalle en la voz. Como yo la veo, la canción es dulce y "acústica". No veo la necesidad de tener toda la banda en la cara.
Hay varios golpes de la caja que se van de sitio pero he decidido dejarlos ahí.
En defenitiva, intenté dejarlo lo más natural posible con respecto a la grabación.

PD: Second version with Key reverb
Un saludo

.mp3    Fruition \' Santa Fe\' .mp3 --  (Download: 9.39 MB)

.mp3    Fruition \'Santa Fe\' Reverb.mp3 --  (Download: 9.39 MB)

Sounds good. Very natural. The only thing is the organ might be a little 'Dry' compared to everything else. Everything else has a subtle reverb that ties everything together and the organ feels on top of the mix. If that makes sense. It's a very minor point though. The mix sounds really good and is appropriate for the track. Good job.
Thanks for spend time to listening to. Thanks for your comment ( I upload a 2 version with Key reverb Wink). Sometimes we want to do things when they don't need it ( IM THE FIRST !!!). Maybe, after a long time, for me, is the best song I mixed and it was thanks a how they recorded the song and telefunken, of course. It's more easy to mix a song with a good record with sense. Sometimes I mix songs and don't know how to start, ok, the kick sound great but the snare... Not the quality but why you used this snare sound etc The sound of a song start when you are recording and not after.
Sorry for my speech.

Thanks four your comment again.
Yeah, really nice. My only comment is that the vocals sound a bit dark compared to the guitars and organ, which is making them sound a little muffled to me.
(05-03-2019, 10:49 PM)Judders Wrote: Yeah, really nice. My only comment is that the vocals sound a bit dark compared to the guitars and organ, which is making them sound a little muffled to me.

Thanks for spend time to listening to and comment it. I'm going to see that.
Really nice definition on the guitars and good placement of most everything else. Vocals lay nicely. I would agree about the Hammond being dry against the wetter ensemble, but that is a minor point. Nicely done.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(06-03-2019, 02:17 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Really nice definition on the guitars and good placement of most everything else. Vocals lay nicely. I would agree about the Hammond being dry against the wetter ensemble, but that is a minor point. Nicely done.

Thanks!! I always have problems with the guitars! Working with this tracks is more simple.