Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Word gets around
Hi!

My mix!

Feedback welcome! Big Grin

.mp3    Word gets around mik123 mix.mp3 --  (Download: 9.22 MB)

I like that you have preserved good dynamic range in your mix. I appreciate that very much.

I think that overall the sound and balance is good, but there are some minor things that disturb me slightly:

Something bothers me with vocal sound. Here and there the low end of vocals comes out very strongly and then disappears suddenly. As if there's somthing missing in mid frequencies or something.

Your guitar has some kind of expander effect. I have difficulties to locate it in my head. It's too wide to be just a guitar. It also disappears in mono.

Samples and acoustic guitar don't blend well together. Maybe the reverb or some other widener effect in acoustic guitar is too strong so that it creates totally own acoustic space that is separate from other spaces. If you turn down that effect just a little bit, I'm sure that the samples and real sounds would fit together better.
Hi!

Thanks for yours comments!

(29-09-2013, 04:56 PM)Olli H Wrote: Something bothers me with vocal sound. Here and there the low end of vocals comes out very strongly and then disappears suddenly. As if there's somthing missing in mid frequencies or something.

I send vocal track to guitar amp! Big Grin Problem is probably there!

(29-09-2013, 04:56 PM)Olli H Wrote: Your guitar has some kind of expander effect. I have difficulties to locate it in my head. It's too wide to be just a guitar. It also disappears in mono.

Samples and acoustic guitar don't blend well together. Maybe the reverb or some other widener effect in acoustic guitar is too strong so that it creates totally own acoustic space that is separate from other spaces. If you turn down that effect just a little bit, I'm sure that the samples and real sounds would fit together better.

My mistake with guitar! I was not check polarity! Blush

One again, thanks!

Hi!

"Clean version"! Big Grin

Thanks!

.mp3    Word gets around mik123 mix ver 2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.22 MB)

Your second version is a really nice, musical mix that compliments the feel of this song very well. The first loop panned left put me a a bit on edge though - I kept wanting it to spread out underneath like a carpet. I was fond of the way that the vocal, guitar, and loop 2 interacted, as well as the pad and the strings.