Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
Fruition: 'Santa Fe' kapu mix
really good performance and source tracks in general. ^_^

.mp3    fruition___santa_fe__kapu_mix.mp3 --  (Download: 9.26 MB)

.mp3    fruition___santa_fe__kapu_mix2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.26 MB)

Feels pretty good. I really like the kick. I think overall the guitars and organs could probably come back in the mix. They overshadow the vocal a bit and makes the lead vocal feel like an afterthought in the song. Sometimes the organ pokes out and gets a little biting as organ has a tendency to do.

Good job.
(04-03-2019, 02:35 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: Feels pretty [...]

thanks for listening! yeah, the panned guitar and organ could go down. ^_^
Yeah, what Roy said! Smile
This sounds great loud, but a lower levels not so much and at times a bit carved. Did you replace the kick and snare?
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(05-03-2019, 10:42 PM)Judders Wrote: Yeah, what Roy said! Smile

thanks for listening! i will have to revise levels.
(06-03-2019, 12:41 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: This sounds great loud, but a lower levels not so much and at times a bit carved. Did you replace the kick and snare?

thanks for feedback. did some improvents on room acoustics, which have led me over-equing stuff too clean. i just have to get normalized to new monitoring sound i guess. no sample replacing this time. used only uad precision channel strip on channels. valhalla reverbs. kick has reapers gate. lead vocals also uad la2a compression. tried to do it 'old analog way'. ^_^
It is really good and loud mix.I am feeling the volume of bass guitar is a little bit loud for me and also RoyMatthews is right about organ.
I"M ALWAYS RIGHT ABOUT THE ORGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(07-03-2019, 08:59 PM)berkaykorkmaz Wrote: It is really good and [...]

thanks for listening! ill try to do fixes at some point. ^_^