Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Ride - Hammer Down (My first (posted) mix and master of)
Hello everyone, this is my first post on the site. These mastered samples are three (of possibly 4) eq profiles I intend to use for the other songs this band uploads (at least the ones on this site). Anyways, I can always use feedback to help shape my mix, and better craft a nicer song in general. Lastly, just to note, I used a fair amount of reverb and delay on various things like vocals and some instruments to blend them together. Hopefully you all enjoy!

.mp3    Mastered (eq profile 1) - Hammer Down - Dark Ride.mp3 --  (Download: 11.35 MB)

.mp3    DarkRide - Hammer Down Mastered (eq profile 2).mp3 --  (Download: 11.32 MB)

.mp3    DarkRide - Hammer Down Mastered (eq profile 3).mp3 --  (Download: 11.32 MB)

Hey so I went ahead and listened to each of the 3 eq profiles you had, and I noticed some similar things in each one. I couldn't really tell which one you wanted someone to critique exactly. I won't specifically critique them all or I'd be here all day, but this is what I heard in general across the board:

- I would say that in general, your eq profiles are a bit too boxy for my taste. I would raise up the treble/air just a bit, then you'll be good to go.
- Guitars are a bit too harsh. I would try to add a bit more resonance and mids.
- Vocals are on the edge of being too loud. Bring them back just a hair.
- The lead guitar part in the chorus is also too loud.
- I like what you did with the synths in general, especially the strings in the second verse. They cut through well.

Overall, good luck with these mixes and the rest of the songs!

Cheers,
Nick