Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dream no 12 v1.1
Hey yall,

Ive been a lurker for a little while on and off and this is my first mix uploaded. I always would listen to other great mixes and get discouraged from uploading. This time I decided to not listen till I upload myself. I'll check everybody mixes later.

thanks,

MarcAudio

.mp3    Dream no 12 v1.1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.59 MB)

Hello Marc!
So honored to know this is your first mix upload!
You should keep uploading more because you got talent! This is one of the better mixes that I've listened to.
Well balanced, warm sounding (just how I like it), great use of fx without overdoing it, the kick is nice and punchy without it being too big.
Great job my friend!
RICKY LEGEND
 spotify | instagram | soundcloud
(05-03-2019, 03:13 AM)ricsanram Wrote: Hello Marc!
You should keep uploading more because you got talent! This is one of the better mixes that I've listened to.
Well balanced, warm sounding (just how I like it), great use of fx without overdoing it, the kick is nice and punchy without it being too big.
Great job my friend!

Wow thanks!

The kick I mostly left alone, besides little deductive eq moves and light compression. The thing that helped the most was to side chain it into a compressor on the bass to duck the bass guitar when the kick is hitting. I will definitely be uploading more!

Cheers!

Perfect! That's exactly what I like to do.
Let me introduce you to Trackspacer by WavesFactory.
I used to sidechain the kick into the bass's compressor, just like you mentioned. My only thing with that was that it compresses the entire frequency spectrum, so you also lose the bass's high-end when you really don't need to.
Trackspacer only compresses the frequencies that the kick is using! Wink
Check it out, it definitely changed the game for me.
And please keep posting more mixes, you're really good at it!
RICKY LEGEND
 spotify | instagram | soundcloud
(05-03-2019, 03:52 AM)ricsanram Wrote: Perfect! That's exactly what I like to do.
Let me introduce you to Trackspacer by WavesFactory.
I used to sidechain the kick into the bass's compressor, just like you mentioned. My only thing with that was that it compresses the entire frequency spectrum, so you also lose the bass's high-end when you really don't need to.
Trackspacer only compresses the frequencies that the kick is using! Wink
Check it out, it definitely changed the game for me.
And please keep posting more mixes, you're really good at it!

Oh hell yea that sounds like a really useful tool. Thank you for the suggestion!
(05-03-2019, 03:40 AM)MarcAudio Wrote:
(05-03-2019, 03:13 AM)ricsanram Wrote: Hello Marc!
Great job my friend!

Oh and amazing tune by the way. I had it stuck in my head for days.

nice job on your first mix uploaded. it sounds balanced.
sound nice and chill not heard this one - certainly nothing wrong with the mix.

I usually don't listen past the 1st 30 Seconds on most tracks - even the official ones. Takes the fun out of mixing the track in your own way. I also do completely random selections and force myself to mix it. But not the song called "ETC." that was just too much for me - don't do it. That way if it's a bad mix it's a case of shrug shoulders post it and delete it a few weeks later.

(09-03-2019, 07:06 PM)man3ster Wrote: nice job on your first mix uploaded. it sounds balanced.

Thanks for the feedback!

- Marc T
(09-03-2019, 07:13 PM)Retchid Gretchin Wrote: sound nice and chill not heard this one - certainly nothing wrong with the mix.

I usually don't listen past the 1st 30 Seconds on most tracks - even the official ones. Takes the fun out of mixing the track in your own way. I also do completely random selections and force myself to mix it. But not the song called "ETC." that was just too much for me - don't do it. That way if it's a bad mix it's a case of shrug shoulders post it and delete it a few weeks later.

That's a good idea,

I have a couple songs loaded up and gain staged right now from this site. I also do stuff through puremix which is a great resource. They are starting to make their own plugins so it makes the subscription a little easier to swallow. I agree tho some stuff I load up then go meh I don't wanna do all this work just to get it to a starting point lol.

Thanks for the feedback!

Marc T