Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Never Sop mix Dan Harnett
Here is my mix of the song. I went to really bring out the moody vibe of the song. I did augment the drums.

Please comment and let me know your thoughts

Thanks

.mp3    Never stop un mastered Mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 3.81 MB)

Hey dharnett,

Not sure where the 1 star rating is coming from but there are tons of cool ideas in your mix!

The beginning of the song sounds a tiny bit "under water" as it might be lacking a bit of air (>10KHz) but I like it, with the delay, it gives a song a bit of a dreamy / trippy vibe. You really keep that psychedelic vibe throughout the song!

The snare is a tad aggressive for this song maybe? Especially the massive ring (BANG).

I like the treatment on the backvocals with the slight distortion, really cool. The second chorus sounds really good (hearing it as I speak Wink ). Maybe sometimes the guitars are a bit "buried" and might have a bit too much low mid (fighting with the organ and bass)

Might have been cool to use automation (or more automation) to have that build up to the chorus and make it pop (e.g. releasing the massive snare during the chorus only, or releasing the high end of the guitars during the chorus, adding reverb etc.)

Cool stuff, thanks for sharing!

Quentin
(23-02-2019, 11:41 AM)Zbat Wrote: Hey dharnett,

Not sure where the 1 star rating is coming from but there are tons of cool ideas in your mix!

The beginning of the song sounds a tiny bit "under water" as it might be lacking a bit of air (>10KHz) but I like it, with the delay, it gives a song a bit of a dreamy / trippy vibe. You really keep that psychedelic vibe throughout the song!

The snare is a tad aggressive for this song maybe? Especially the massive ring (BANG).

I like the treatment on the backvocals with the slight distortion, really cool. The second chorus sounds really good (hearing it as I speak Wink ). Maybe sometimes the guitars are a bit "buried" and might have a bit too much low mid (fighting with the organ and bass)

Might have been cool to use automation (or more automation) to have that build up to the chorus and make it pop (e.g. releasing the massive snare during the chorus only, or releasing the high end of the guitars during the chorus, adding reverb etc.)

Cool stuff, thanks for sharing!

Quentin

Thanks Quentin,
I appreciate the feed back, and you make a lot of great points. These are things to keep in mind for my next mix.
Dan