Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RE: Dust, You And Me
Hello,

Here is my mix ! (Eq, Comp, Stéreo and reverb) No mastering, but I maximised this track (-0.1Db).

Sorry for my English, I'm a french homestudist...since 5 years.

.mp3    Dust, You & Me.mp3 --  (Download: 7.18 MB)

Hey Chris. Welcome to the site and please make you own thread. Some would say you hijack Mick's Big Grin
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
(27-09-2013, 04:16 PM)Voelund Wrote: Hey Chris. Welcome to the site and please make you own thread. Some would say you hijack Mick's Big Grin

I've just split it off for you. Smile
ok... I'm sorry
FWIW your mix sounds very open and transparent on iphone. Maybe due to the small speaker, or the fact that its an open string and therefor louder in nature than a fretted one, the B string of the guitar is much louder than the busy fretted work he does so beautifully. If you find it to happen on your speakers too just nutchin the B note a tad would make the busy message and small fine nuances easier to hear. Wish I had brought my cans Big Grin
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
(27-09-2013, 05:00 PM)Voelund Wrote: FWIW your mix sounds very open and transparent on iphone. Maybe due to the small speaker, or the fact that its an open string and therefor louder in nature than a fretted one, the B string of the guitar is much louder than the busy fretted work he does so beautifully. If you find it to happen on your speakers too just nutchin the B note a tad would make the busy message and small fine nuances easier to hear. Wish I had brought my cans Big Grin

ok...
So finally, is it good or not ? Wink

(27-09-2013, 03:36 PM)chrisdameni Wrote: Hello,

Here is my mix ! (Eq, Comp, Stéreo and reverb) No mastering, but I maximised this track (-0.1Db).

Hi!

Too much transients (compressor) and boominess-resonance of guitar body (upper bass-lower mids)! Hope this helps!
(28-09-2013, 07:51 PM)mik123 Wrote:
(27-09-2013, 03:36 PM)chrisdameni Wrote: Hello,

Hi!

Too much transients (compressor) and boominess-resonance of guitar body (upper bass-lower mids)! Hope this helps!

Hi !

For transcients, they are soon on the original. with a compressor, I reduced them a little bit (-2 or 3 Db), It's when the guitarist kick the guitar-body...
So I can reduce them again ?

For boominess-resonance (no translate in french), I added a short reverb on the mix.

Finally, I think my mix sound good, and have some presence. I try to respect the acoustic side of the composition...

Thanks !!!