Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hollowstate: 'Gravediggers' - yodiag mix
Hello everyone,

Trying to get used to my new adam monitors, so I gave it a shot, let me know what you think!

.mp3    Hollowstate_Gravediggers-mix4.mp3 --  (Download: 10.16 MB)

Hey!
I like the warmness you added to the track! Smile I don't know if it's a personal/stylistic preference but I feel rhythm guitars panning tend to be stronger to the right channel, and I can feel some lack of energy during the chorus, but as I said maybe is some stylistic preference! I'd like to know your opinion about my mix that I shared in another post!

Regarding monitors I use HS7 Yamaha, do you work with digital or analog gear?
Cheers!
Hey Mike, thanks for your feedback!

Yeah, I may have missed the panning a tinny bit, as I was more nervous about the tone. In the chorus I felt the built up in the low end was enough, but I 'm sure it would benefit some volume riding. Also for some reason I couln't extract guitar06, so it misses that too Tongue. Regarding your last question, I'm using Studio One. I ll make sure to check your mix too later!
(16-02-2019, 05:33 PM)yodiag Wrote: Hey Mike, thanks for your feedback!

Yeah, I may have missed the panning a tinny bit, as I was more nervous about the tone. In the chorus I felt the built up in the low end was enough, but I 'm sure it would benefit some volume riding. Also for some reason I couln't extract guitar06, so it misses that too Tongue. Regarding your last question, I'm using Studio One. I ll make sure to check your mix too later!

Wo! I use Studio One too! It's an awesome DAW. Regarding plugins I use SlateDigital stuff!
I like you arrangement choices and the sound is big and full with a good consistent environment. Nicely done.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(17-02-2019, 09:02 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: I like you arrangement choices and the sound is big and full with a good consistent environment. Nicely done.

Thanks a lot, I was going for that "high end" sound.