Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Never Stop Mix
This one came pretty much pre-mixed so that was helpful. Still fun though.

Went for a loud indie-pop vocal, fat sounding band.

.mp3    Never Stop Mixed.mp3 --  (Download: 9.33 MB)

Hey Pasta!

Checking out your mixes, you have a great style, love the way you're panning it just takes you somewhere else, it's always very wide and punchy.

I think it's a matter of taste ahah but I'd say the same as I said on the other mix I just checked, the snare is just a bit over the top during the verse, like you've added too much of a tail to it or too much gain. I did not hear any other mixes of this song but it may be cool to have a calmer snare during the verses, maybe playing with automation, adding claps if you want to add to the pop factor etc (this song reminded me a bit of Interpol so my ears kind of expected the snare to be like that).

I am going to be honest, I'm just being extra demanding here, I don't think I'd have noticed if that was being played in a playlist while playing FIFA ahah

Thanks for sharing, your mixes are super inspiring!

Quentin
Hey man!

Yeah I don't remember exactly what I was listening to, probably Sea Girls or Circa Waves or something and I was hearing this fat sort of "PFFF" sounding snare. I wanted to see if I could work something similar in here but ended up with something a little different. I could definitely hear a different sound working in the verse, you're absolutely right.

I appreciate your ear, cheers Quentin!