Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gravediggers - Hollowstate - Marcro's MIX
I'm experimenting with reverb, sound's threedimensionality and I'm focusing on having the best "room" effect on the track.
I really love any kind of comments, advise or criticism, so if you want to leave me any message I really appreciate them!

.mp3    003 - Gravediggers - Hollowstate - Marcro\'s MIX.mp3 --  (Download: 8.15 MB)

My first impression is the lead vocal sits way above the ensemble. Work on establishing an environment for the vocal which places the vocals in better context to the band. That will allow you to bring up the entire mix to establish more power which this song wants to carry. I hope that helps.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(12-02-2019, 05:33 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: My first impression is the lead vocal sits way above the ensemble. Work on establishing an environment for the vocal which places the vocals in better context to the band. That will allow you to bring up the entire mix to establish more power which this song wants to carry. I hope that helps.

I can confirm that it helps a lot! Thank you so much for the comment!
hi! in addition to mixintheclouds comment, you could probably ease up the processing snare. ^_^
@marcro97

Not sure if you're listening on headphones or speakers, but try this:

Turn the mix way, way down. Can you still hear the whole track, or just the vocals and snare with everything else all but gone?

If you get the tracks to sound balanced when it's quiet, it'll sound awesome when you turn it up. And you can probably get away with less compression across the mix.