Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Cool Mix
Jessica Childress - Slow Down
Mixed on Sennheiser HD 205 II headphones. NO VST instruments and NO triggers on drums. listen and enjoyWink

.mp3    Slow Down.mp3 --  (Download: 7.1 MB)

Hi Skillz. I think the over all sound is good. In my opinion, the drums, especially the kick, are a little over powered. The drums are nice and punchy but they hit you like Mike Tyson. The other thing I really missed was the backup male voices. They seem to get lost way down in the mix. The lead VOX sounded great though! I also like that you left that little giggle in at the beginning of the song. I think it really sets up the song to be fun Smile
(14-02-2019, 06:02 AM)GilaMonst3r Wrote: Hi Skillz. I think the over all sound is good. In my opinion, the drums, especially the kick, are a little over powered. The drums are nice and punchy but they hit you like Mike Tyson. The other thing I really missed was the backup male voices. They seem to get lost way down in the mix. The lead VOX sounded great though! I also like that you left that little giggle in at the beginning of the song. I think it really sets up the song to be fun Smile

HiWink Thanks for the feedback. Only after I posted the song here and listened, I realized that I had overloaded kick..
Backing vox - so it was intended)