Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mix by Zbat
Hi,

This is my take on this song Big Grin

There's a "hey ho let's go!" vibe, so I almost added a shouted "one two three four" before the song starts ahah.

I like the fact that it's rough and a bit all over the place so did not tweak that much, the snare was the main problem though as it both has a piercing ring sound and it sounds a bit distant, same with the toms that had really bad frequencies and a massive cymbal bleed

Tamed the guitar a bit, added some distortion / compression a bit everywhere to get more grit.

I voluntary spent almost no time on it once the levels were done as it's the way the band sounds to me, and being on the edge makes it more aggressive and weird. E.g. there's a ton of cymbals everywhere minor inconsistencies left etc. like the early Stooges records. Bus everything through distortion, push it to 11.

Please let me know what you think!

Thanks a lot,
Quentin

.mp3    Daisy Daisy.mp3 --  (Download: 8.13 MB)

hey great vibes!!! i like this mix!
(19-05-2019, 07:09 PM)[email protected] Wrote: hey great vibes!!! i like this mix!

Thanks a lot!! Glad you liked it Big Grin
Sounds great, Quentin - I really like the rawness of the sound. Those drums were a pain though, eh?

If there's one negative thing I could bring up, it's that the rack tom is panned really quite hard right, and it's really loud, both of which make it feel separate from the rest of the mix, if you know what I mean? It doesn't sound like it's part of the drum kit. This is listening on headphones - it may not be an issue through speakers.

That aside, it's good work!
(19-06-2019, 12:56 AM)Alan Twelve Wrote: Sounds great, Quentin - I really like the rawness of the sound. Those drums were a pain though, eh?

If there's one negative thing I could bring up, it's that the rack tom is panned really quite hard right, and it's really loud, both of which make it feel separate from the rest of the mix, if you know what I mean? It doesn't sound like it's part of the drum kit. This is listening on headphones - it may not be an issue through speakers.

That aside, it's good work!

Hey Alan,

Thanks a lot!!

Thanks for the feedback on the toms yeah indeed, listening to it after months and the toms are totally way too panned. I don't remember why I did that or if I even did it on purpose but there was definitely some on purpose "wrongness" to the sound, Might be it ahah (more likely a mistake though Big Grin).

Cheers
Quentin