Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Araujo - The Saga Of Harrison Crabfeathers by music_nino
Hello everyone,

this is my mix of Araujo's "The Saga Of Harrison Crabfeathers". Hope you enjoy it Smile

I am glad to receive some feedback!

Thanks,
music_nino

.mp3    Araujo - The Saga Of Harrison Crabfeathers.mp3 --  (Download: 7.68 MB)

Hi, I really love your Mix version, can you give a bit of summery what you did here?

Specifically I really love how you dealt with bass... it sounds so warm !!!! How did you do that?

I just registered to ask that question xD
(24-03-2019, 07:16 PM)inarisound Wrote: Hi, I really love your Mix version, can you give a bit of summery what you did here?

Specifically I really love how you dealt with bass... it sounds so warm !!!! How did you do that?

I just registered to ask that question xD

Hi inarisound,
Thank you for your big complement, I really appreciate it!

I always try to keep the mix as pure as possible. A bit of EQ on the instruments to open the mix (especially bringing in the high end). The synth in the beginning was treated with an stereo imager to enhance wideness and for automated panning. The drums only have a slight amount of reverb. The piano was additionally treated with a time adjustment for stereo enhancement. The bass was reduced around 240Hz and 760 Hz and enhanced around 1.5kHz. It was also treated with a chorus and a reverb to enhance the room. The bass overall level was automated for a constant signal. The whole mix was then compressed with a master compressor and a vintage comressor to enhance the warmth.

I hope this answers your questions Smile

Best,
music_nino
I love what you did with the bass here, sits very nicely with everything. Also the intro was crafted well. Overall well balanced and beautifully flowing mix with plenty of dynamics. Good job!
(22-05-2019, 08:41 AM)Uncle_Clymie Wrote: I love what you did with the bass here, sits very nicely with everything. Also the intro was crafted well. Overall well balanced and beautifully flowing mix with plenty of dynamics. Good job!

Thank you very much Uncle_Clymie! Check out some of my other mixes and give me some constructive criticism Smile
Beautiful mix. Natural sounding. Less processing is more with these kind of tracks. Nice one keep up the good work you have stayed true to the style with this one.
Luke Percy,
Sydney Australia
https://www.lapaudio.com/
Nicely done. My only complaint would be that the toms are laid back too much. They have great tone and add nice flavor when played. Again, nicely done.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]