Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghostly Beard - Blue - GilaMonst3r Mix
Had a hard time getting the vocals to set right with this one. Let me know what you think.

.mp3    PatrickTalbot_Blue_GilaMonst3r.mp3 --  (Download: 10.5 MB)

I imagine this as a awesome mix for a live show movie scene, set in a jazz club. It might be too echoish and dark for an "album" sound, thou.

Drums have a soft, smokey quality I really dig (that falls down a little bit when the programming goes full Phil Collins, but that's not your fault). Ride, hat and snare sound particularly believable and are a pleasure to listen to. The cherry'd have been to replace that kick for a more mute and round sounding one.

Bass seems to be too big and reflective for the intro, but once the whole arrangemente comes in, it blends perfectly. Maybe just a little too boomy here and there, but then I'm listening on cans... whatever, I cannot think of anything that really needs changing with this mix. As I said, it's great, I would put it as is in a Bond movie anyday.

Thanks Deliza. I appreciate the input. I might try some side chain compression between the kick and bass on this to see if that helps clear up some of the boominess.
In this mix I've readjusted levels across the board, side chained the kick/bass and made a few other tweaks. I think everything seems to gel together a little better. Let me know what you think.

.mp3    PatrickTalbot_Blue_GilaMonst3r - Mix2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.29 MB)