Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Semantics Mix - What a thrilling way to spend a Friday Night!
Mass downloaded a load of multitracks this evening and this was on top of the pile so I gave it a quick go.

I'll be honest, I didn't like much of this recording besides the vocals. Drums were triggered and pokey weird, guitars were scratchy and have an annoying hum on half the tracks. But it was a challenge and that's always good.

I tried to keep the overall sound as ballsy as possible, messed around and added some ridiculous effects in the intro and towards the end.

I think I ended up with a slightly different vibe to some of the other mixes I've had a listen to so curious to know what anyone thinks.

Cheers boys.

.mp3    Semantics Mixed.mp3 --  (Download: 10.29 MB)

Hi Pasta,

Fun intro ahah, maybe to make it even more "wrong" you could have it totally unsynced with the tempo or have a snare with a massive distorted delay like dub drums.

Damn I like your snare! The drums sound really cool!
Such a good idea with the vocals! Did you add reversed vocals on the bridge? Man this is tripy, push it a bit more with reversed guitar maybe ahah and panning circling right left etc.

There's a great build-up at the end.

You had fun ahah it's awesome.

Quentin
Hi Quentin, thanks for listening!

Yeah if I remember correctly, I cut a vocal part from the chorus that was in key with the bridge, processed it with reverbs and stuff and flipped it around.

I wasn't sure how far I could push silly edits until it was just way too much haha. The circling guitar idea probably would have been nice though.

Have you had a go at this mix? I'd be up for checking it out!
Hey Pasta,

No pb!

Cool stuff, I'm trying to learn as much as possible about how to create hooks in a song and how to get mixes with personality as well, I really like bands / producers / mixers taking some risks production-wise so this is really cool stuff!

I did have a go at it btw, http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...?tid=26111 if you want to check it out that'd be awesome Big Grin

Thanks a lot,
Quentin