Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
ALE LAK (YOU KNOW BETTER) Patron - New Mix and the Last!
Hey,

my first post was full of versions and good feedbacks as the one from Mike. So I didn't want to mess with too much information and I am open a new post with my final mix, and just it!

this is the link to the old post: fist mixes

Now I just tried to leave the drums natural, dry, and sound a kind of old school because I preferred to make in front to vocals (obviosly), the guitars and in the background a different piano I compose to fill some parts I felt was missing something.

I did my mixdown from Pro Tools and sent to a valve processor I have here, just simple stuff but gave some drive to the mix and masked a little bit the digital garbage. My master I tried to match the streams levels around -14, -13 LUFS and a TPK of -0,1 and left a good TruDyn so if this music would be release in the real life the digital stores could adjust the level without compress the master.

Thats it... comments are welcome, also suggestions Big Grin

Ale Lak

.mp3    Hannes Keseberg - You Know Better (Ale Lak Mix and Master) - CONTEST FINAL MIX.mp3 --  (Download: 8.29 MB)

Ciao, your piano is amazing, the percussion and gtr also.
I recok the voice is a bit behind.
The gtr in different point is bit loud but is very good job.
GDP Sound
Reaper User-Mac-Apollo Twin-Yamaha NS 10MStudio-
Beyerdynamic DT990Pro.
Any collaborations are welcome.
(05-02-2019, 10:20 AM)gdpsound Wrote: Ciao, your piano is amazing, the percussion and gtr also.
I recok the voice is a bit behind.
The gtr in different point is bit loud but is very good job.

Hi gdpsound, thanks for listening and comment. You're right. The vocal is not sounding good, it's really behind and maybe a little thin. About the gtr, you are right too, I confess I realized it when listening my final bounce, but I got lazy to do some automation because I did process the audio through an external gear after mastering. But I need to fix it... thanks again!

Ale Lak
the piano chords are a very nice add! Cool mix overall too with much (extra production work) happening... sounds more like a remix