Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summertime mix
Hello everyone,

This is my Summertime mix.

The given audio files show the typical effect of proximity of the microphone and the box effect.
So my goal was to give the feeling of a performance performed in a club or at least a larger space.
I applied an (as how able I am) appropriate equalization to eliminate the boxing sensation that the two instruments presented and make them sharper and more present.
I placed the sax slightly to the left and the guitar slightly to the right.
At instinct it seemed correct to me to give the sax a certain reverberation and to the guitar something less pronounced but that still gave more sharpness to the rhythmic part of the performance.
I also wanted to create the feeling that the guitar was somehow "behind" the sax, that is, in accompaniment.
After several attempts and tests in Studio One 4 I considered that Open AIR IR plugin would give me the best results and I applied reverb preset “Alive Chamber” on sax and “Rich Plate 3” on the guitar.
Both on FX auxiliaries dosing the right volume. I set the crossover pan: reverberation of the sax on the right and plate of the guitar on the left, in this way I think that everything produced a more balanced stereo sound while maintaining the main positioning of the instruments.

What do you think about the final result?
Thank you very much in advance for your comments.

Joe Capricorn

.mp3    Summertime.mp3 --  (Download: 6.3 MB)