Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ricardo Santiago - Dream No. 12
Here is my mix. It's cool to be one of the first on this track. It feels about 90-95% there (to my ability), but I'll have to sleep on it.

I'm still trying to find a compelling "story" for the climax -- a lot of different pads at once there!

The SFX are a bit cheesy in my opinion, but that's just taste. I minimized the "alarm" sound and ditched the following "sigh" entirely. The beach sounds are fine, I just kept them mostly down during the vocal portion.

Any suggestions welcome.

.m4a    Dream #12-FINAL.m4a --  (Download: 7.58 MB)

Hello!
It's very interesting to hear what you did with this.
I like how you made decisions based on the feel of the song, like removing the snaps right before the main vocals come in. That sound nice!
I also enjoy the delay at the end of the verse lines, fills out the empty space.
Good job!

Thanks for mixing!
Ricardo Santiago
RICKY LEGEND
 spotify | instagram | soundcloud
(03-02-2019, 07:22 AM)slowpogo Wrote: Here is my mix. It's cool to be one of the first on this track. It feels about 90-95% there (to my ability), but I'll have to sleep on it.

I'm still trying to find a compelling "story" for the climax -- a lot of different pads at once there!

The SFX are a bit cheesy in my opinion, but that's just taste. I minimized the "alarm" sound and ditched the following "sigh" entirely. The beach sounds are fine, I just kept them mostly down during the vocal portion.

Any suggestions welcome.

Where is the kick?
Mr. Loud
Only thing that does not really add up for me is the use of delay and reverb. Some things are very dry some are very wet. Does not create a coherent sense of space for me.

Apart from that, I really like your mix and creative choices!

Cheers,
LukasAngel
(04-02-2019, 08:14 AM)ricsanram Wrote: Hello!
It's very interesting to hear what you did with this.
I like how you made decisions based on the feel of the song, like removing the snaps right before the main vocals come in. That sound nice!
I also enjoy the delay at the end of the verse lines, fills out the empty space.
Good job!

Thanks for mixing!
Ricardo Santiago

Thanks so much for providing the tracks, listening and giving feedback!
(04-02-2019, 11:04 AM)The Wizzards Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 07:22 AM)slowpogo Wrote: Here is my mix. It's cool to be one of the first on this track. It feels about 90-95% there (to my ability), but I'll have to sleep on it.

Any suggestions welcome.

Where is the kick?

It’s not prominent, but if I mute it you definitely feel its absence. I guess that’s where I like it, at least for a laid back tune like this.
(04-02-2019, 04:38 PM)LukasL Wrote: Only thing that does not really add up for me is the use of delay and reverb. Some things are very dry some are very wet. Does not create a coherent sense of space for me.

Apart from that, I really like your mix and creative choices!

Cheers,
LukasAngel

Thanks for listening!
(04-02-2019, 04:53 PM)slowpogo Wrote: Thanks so much for providing the tracks, listening and giving feedback!

No problem, I love hearing other people's mixes of my song. I just submitted another song. Hopefully it'll be up soon for you to take a stab at it Wink
RICKY LEGEND
 spotify | instagram | soundcloud