Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mITc's McLovins - Updated
Nothing like a straight-ahead rock 'n roll power tune to make me smile.

I had mixed this quite a while ago right off the Telefunken site so when I saw it here I figured I'd give it a refresh.

Not much to change from my original mix, so here it is. I hope you find it a good listen and worthy of comment.

2/4/2019 Update
McLovins - Buildin' It Up - Updated

Made a few minor changes in the arrangement only.
I always felt the intro was too long so I chopped two bars off it and let the song finish with its existing splash as opposed to my previous slimming.

Thanks,
mITc

.mp3    McLovins - Buildin\' It Up.mp3 --  (Download: 7.89 MB)

.mp3    McLovins - Buildin\' It Up - Updated.mp3 --  (Download: 7.69 MB)

PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
I like it nice and open. Instrument tones feel good. Only thing id say is raising the vocals a tad they get buried a bit in some areas maybe just some slight automation would work. Overall i think it's a solid mix. Good Job
(04-02-2019, 07:45 PM)sagalegin Wrote: I like it nice and open. Instrument tones feel good. Only thing id say is raising the vocals a tad they get buried a bit in some areas maybe just some slight automation would work. Overall i think it's a solid mix. Good Job

I guess there are a couple of phrases where the vocals could be pushed. Thanks for your insights.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
hi! sounds like there's some phasing between the highs from bleeds or something, if you want to dig into details. but mix sounds again very good. nice job! ^_^
(08-02-2019, 01:18 PM)kapu Wrote: hi! sounds like there's some phasing between the highs from bleeds or something, if you want to dig into details. but mix sounds again very good. nice job! ^_^

Almost certainly from the bleed of the cymbals into the drummer's vocal mic.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
one of the my favourite, to be honest back vocal bit loud also in a few point bit of automation could be helpful.
very good job.
monitors?
GDP Sound
Reaper User-Mac-Apollo Twin-Yamaha NS 10MStudio-
Beyerdynamic DT990Pro.
Any collaborations are welcome.
nice mix, just for me the vocals seems to be getting a bit burried after 2:40 in my cans, but also its pretty much nitpicking at this point
(15-02-2019, 11:18 AM)gdpsound Wrote: one of the my favourite, to be honest back vocal bit loud also in a few point bit of automation could be helpful.
very good job.
monitors?

Monitors are RoR G Series, Dell Desktop speakers with sub and AKG K44 cans.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(15-02-2019, 11:55 AM)Spandexcore Wrote: nice mix, just for me the vocals seems to be getting a bit burried after 2:40 in my cans, but also its pretty much nitpicking at this point

Thanks.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]