Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Forkupines Mix
Hi All,
here's my first mix for this cool cool song.

I found it difficult to make space for the bass without giving up the body of the guitars.

Any comment welcome Smile.

Best,
Raphaƫl.

.mp3    forkupines.mp3 --  (Download: 7.68 MB)

I think your balance is really good, not too pushed, the mix has space, but it's still very rock 'n' roll.

Your bass actually sits very well with the guitars. I like how it pokes through in the midrange rather than just sitting underneath.

The only thing that stands out to me is the difference in impact between the snare and kick in some parts. Your snare is really snappy and punchy, which I really like, but it has a lot more snap than the kick, especially in the choruses. Maybe try a saturation program on the snare to tame the hits where he really smacks it and you hear a lot of stick.

Really nice mix though, almost there!
(03-02-2019, 03:19 PM)Pasta Wrote: I think your balance is really good, not too pushed, the mix has space, but it's still very rock 'n' roll.

Your bass actually sits very well with the guitars. I like how it pokes through in the midrange rather than just sitting underneath.

The only thing that stands out to me is the difference in impact between the snare and kick in some parts. Your snare is really snappy and punchy, which I really like, but it has a lot more snap than the kick, especially in the choruses. Maybe try a saturation program on the snare to tame the hits where he really smacks it and you hear a lot of stick.

Really nice mix though, almost there!

Hi!

Thanks for your comments!

Here's an other version where I tried a couple of things and corrected a couple of other things that bothered me.

Cheers!

.mp3    forkupines-v2 .mp3 --  (Download: 7.72 MB)