Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buildin it Up - McLovins - Marcro's MIX
Here it is!
Can you give me advises on how to improve my mixing skills?

Thank you so much for listening and comments! Smile

.mp3    002 - Buildin it up - McLovins - Marcro\'s MIX.mp3 --  (Download: 6.86 MB)

Marcro,
Not a bad start. I'm hearing some compression artifacts that are not musical on the drums and the guitars. Things jump out or disappear at times. The vocals appear to be completely dry and sterile. You may want to add reverb there. You have pretty good tonal separation for all the instruments which is commendable and with the careful use of reverb and environment additions this could really sparkle. Like I said, good start.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(02-02-2019, 11:14 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Marcro,
Not a bad start. I'm hearing some compression artifacts that are not musical on the drums and the guitars. Things jump out or disappear at times. The vocals appear to be completely dry and sterile. You may want to add reverb there. You have pretty good tonal separation for all the instruments which is commendable and with the careful use of reverb and environment additions this could really sparkle. Like I said, good start.

Hi Mixinthecloud!
Thank you for your reply! It's very important to me cause this is only the second mix that I published here and comments are the best way that I have now to improve. So thank you so much.
Yes.. I was struggling with having the right sound and volume on the snare drum. Compression is maybe too high in some parts and too low in others.
I had other problem with the lead vocals. The fact that the singer was also the drummer gave me some problem with balancing and automation. I wasn't able to have the sound that i wanted... I will work hard to get it in the next mixes.

Only thing that sounds me strange... I didn't applied any compression on the guitars.. Is it possible that I used too much compression on the master track?