Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Word gets around - voelund
And about the delay I can look up details if you want to have them as a startin point. That is if I get back home before you have finished mixin Big Grin
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
I already started the mix and it will focus on loop2, but still I'm interested to see what tricks you did with delay Smile
Untill sometime sunday or monday you will have to use you intuition abd ears, as you are talkin to an old man whos memory doesnt serve him well Big Grin good mixin hime to you.

Thinkin about it I dont remember usin delay on the snare. What I remember is I use 2 hardware verbs and due to huge latency they arrive late and could be confused with delay Big Grin
I know its not by the book but then again I like the 2 machines. Even with the long prefelay
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Sounds better,the vox deffo
Now that I've checked this song and material better, I realized that you've done a great job with mute-button. Good idea! It cleans the song nicely and makes changes in this song more dramatic.

One other thing came to my mind. Maybe you have used hi-pass filter too heavily. With some instrument or instruments you could allow little more low-end. Now the overall sound becomes a little thin.

Thank you ! Mute button is one favorite of mine Big Grin

I will look into the locuts. My head is too full of the project I thoughtlessly have thrown myself intoIm havin a hard time workin on "signs". And the cuttin up o the bass is givin me even more grey hairs. Bass suffer from timin problems, early, late too short notes, too long. Guitars suffer from tunin and timin ... So I spent a lot o time thinkin it sounded great, till I played it back alltogether and the cuttin up is too obvious. Must admit I have a lot to learn in that department. Then again learnin whst you cant do have benefits. As temptin as it is to play the bass ( and guitars) it would be doin what I know how to, so I wouldnt learn.

Really nice mix! The snare is used with great effect (and effects processing also), and the stop on "silence" was an excellent catch. I almost wanted to hear a cavern there though, which is counter intuitive I know, but my first impression is that the echo would sound more effectively silent than absolute silence could (I may just be nuts). The intro and outro are a tad bit much for me, but your arrangement is very creative! I have such trouble cutting things out or re-arranging things - I just haven't been able to think naturally like that yet - here's hoping you inspire some real changes in my mixing!
Thank you for the feedback. Glad you like the changes and even better if it inspires you to try that approach. Its fun !