Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Word gets around - voelund
Had a good time movin stuff around, nudgin phase on the DI guitar to make it sound like I wanted, dubbed a couple o phrases on the VOX and automated some halfnote echoes to make the change from one piece to another more interesting.
Tell me what you think. I hear the shaker a little too bright Confused

OBS - New version below Big Grin

.mp3    Word gets around lim.mp3 --  (Download: 5.24 MB)

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
I like the guitars! the voices they would put a little more breathing, to sound more intimate, not if you understand what I mean. and moog type efx lower it some volume.
I like working with echoes and reverbs.

for the rest, good job Niels

from the end of the world

Sergio
Thank you for replyin m8 :-) Do you mean the voice should have more hiend ? or more compression to make breathin louder ?
I understand and agree the moog synth should come down a couple places it should be killd alltogether :-)
Echoes and verbs are great :-) thank you !
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
yes i mean you have should a bit more of hi end to the voices,more presence or breathing needed. for my ears hurt and rickety least. lol

regards

Sergio

I left my second attempt at Holiday hope you like now
I get it :-) thank you, I actually changed compressor and it sounds better, I´ll give it little more hiend too. thx !
Made a little intro and ran the snare and sample 1 through more distortion and filters, gave the voice a little more hiend and compressd it difrently, added a long verb to one o the middle part samples and killd some of the bass (in verses) and turned the deep strings up a tad. I like it so far :-)

.mp3    Word gets around 01 - lim.mp3 --  (Download: 5.6 MB)

Very nice !!!!! i like so much....enjoyed listen it.
Thank you and thanks for the suggestions !! Big Grin
It sounds good to me.

THose sounds and effects create a nice space.
I especially like the delay in that snare hit.

So many weird but still musical sounds in this song. I'm sure this was not an easy job. They blend very musically in your mix.

In first version around 2.10 and 3:10 that weird digeridoo bass masks a little bit vocals. But you fixed that quite nicely in later version.

I think I must also try this song. At the moment I have no idea what to do with those weird sounds, but that's the fun part of mixing: I must listen to my intuition if it says anything to me.
Good idea listnin to your intuition. Thats always clever Big Grin The snare is actually gated from sample 1. And moved around to taste Big Grin. 2 or 4 or both.