Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You Know Better - Hannes keseberg
This is my backup copy since my Mac took another dump (piece of C**P)
The mix isn't really tuned up, but should be a decent listen. Just a strait mix, with no gimmicks... (except for the added sub base channel) I prefer clean and simple, so go ahead and waste 3 min of your life listening Blush

Updated ver 2 is a fresh mix with minimal effects other than a bit of verb on Hannes' terrific voice, a bit of compression and a waves L316 to bring the level up. Hope it's an improvement, just don't have time to work on it any longer. Cool

.mp3    You know Better-Master.mp3 --  (Download: 8.49 MB)

.mp3    You Know Better (v2).mp3 --  (Download: 8.42 MB)

Tone is in the ear of the beholder....
Overall it feels good.
The bottom snare mic is loud and makes the snare too "papery" sounding. And it's right in the same frequency range of the guitar.
The piano could come back a bit
The middle of the stereo image is a bit crowded. Panning things out more should open space for the lead vocal.
The outro chorus haas a bit of distortion and some clicks near the end.
The vocal effects are catchy but subtle.
The sub channel is a good addition, but perhaps slightly overdone. The percussion sounds very bright in contrast (perhaps a little too much). The strongest point on the mix is the vocal: I think you've nailed the timbre there. Cheers, Jeff
All sound is a distortion of silence / soundcloud.com/jeffd42
(02-02-2019, 07:43 PM)jeffd42 Wrote: The sub channel is a good addition, but perhaps slightly overdone. The percussion sounds very bright in contrast (perhaps a little too much). The strongest point on the mix is the vocal: I think you've nailed the timbre there. Cheers, Jeff

Thanks for the input. I guess I shouldn't have reposted this rough mix, but I took the finished version down because of the contest... then Studio Ones (many famous bugs) crashed and somehow erased the entire contents of my work folder (nice of them). Don't have time to remix from scratch, so I hope it don't do too much injustice to Hannes creation Big Grin

Cheers!
Tone is in the ear of the beholder....