Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hannes Keseberg: You Know Better - mac226 mix
First post on this site for submission to this contest - please let me know of any thoughts or feedback.

Thanks!

- Mac226

.mp3    You Know Better mac226 mix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.54 MB)

Hey mac, nice mix, well balanced, and I like how the drums and bass sit in the song. Maybe you can be more subtle with the automation of the vocals as you can heard the riding in the first verse. Also, I felt that the Left guitar is too loud making the listener get distracted from the main character (Vocals). Cheers
(28-01-2019, 01:07 PM)JuanCManosalva Wrote: Hey mac, nice mix, well balanced, and I like how the drums and bass sit in the song. Maybe you can be more subtle with the automation of the vocals as you can heard the riding in the first verse. Also, I felt that the Left guitar is too loud making the listener get distracted from the main character (Vocals). Cheers

Thanks for the feedback! I will look at these, I thought this was a challenging due to how dynamic the vocal track is, so may have relied a little to heavily on the vocal rider.

Yeah, the guitar on the left is pretty loud. It's also brittle sounding. If it were warmer sounding and back in the mix then it would sit better. I'd also consider panning the organ to the right so it balances out with the guitar part and probably make the chorus sound a little wider and bigger to add some contrast. I like the sound of the drums. The solo guitar is aggressive sounding for my taste. Overall there's a lot to like about the mix but it's hard to judge with that guitar being so up front. Lower it in the mix and warm it up a bit and the mix should really come together.