Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Well-Death Of A Romantic
My take on this chuggy song, fun stuff. Feel free to say whatever.

.mp3    Death of a Romantic-The Well Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 10.7 MB)

Lowered the Vocals a bit

.mp3    Death of a Romantic-The Well .mp3 --  (Download: 10.69 MB)

Decided to come creep on some of your other mixes lol. I'm bored.

Pretty cool! A lottt of low-mid information here on the drums. I remember struggling with the close mics on the drums on this recording, they just don't have that hyped top end this type of music likes. Do you have any sort of sample replacement software? Would really help this song along to blend in a clicky kick sample.
You could definitely EQ some lows out of the snare reverb, it takes up a lot of space.
And in the blast beat section there's this weird pop at the end of each fill. I don't know if it's a super pushed compressor somewhere reacting to something or if it's an editing error but it's quite loud.

Overall it just needs a bit of a tighter Hi-fi sound.

BUT I really like the creative additions in your mixes, same with the Actions mix. The little snare effects are really cool, I did some similar things I think.

What compressor are you using on the stereo bus out of curiosity?
(17-02-2019, 08:53 PM)Pasta Wrote: Decided to come creep on some of your other mixes lol. I'm bored.

Pretty cool! A lottt of low-mid information here on the drums. I remember struggling with the close mics on the drums on this recording, they just don't have that hyped top end this type of music likes. Do you have any sort of sample replacement software? Would really help this song along to blend in a clicky kick sample.
You could definitely EQ some lows out of the snare reverb, it takes up a lot of space.
And in the blast beat section there's this weird pop at the end of each fill. I don't know if it's a super pushed compressor somewhere reacting to something or if it's an editing error but it's quite loud.

Overall it just needs a bit of a tighter Hi-fi sound.

BUT I really like the creative additions in your mixes, same with the Actions mix. The little snare effects are really cool, I did some similar things I think.

What compressor are you using on the stereo bus out of curiosity?

Lol Knock yourself out man xD

I'll try replacing the kick with more clicky one. And yeah, the snare is feeling muddy. Just figured that the weird pop on the blast beat section comes from the original kick so i'm just gonna send it to hell >:v hahaha.

Im pretty much sticking to reaper's stock plugins while i learn the ropes (ReaComp). Except for slick EQ, and some waves fx. i don't like to give myself too many options and tend to limit myself to work with what I have.

Again, glad you like the additions and thanks for your feedback yo.

Happy Mixing!
I try to use stock plugins as much as I can too. Partly because I can't justify spending too much on fancy plugins, but also because I think it's good to know the tools you have at your disposal inside out. Like you said, limiting options. Too many ingredients spoils my dinner!
Update.

.mp3    Death of a Romantic-The Well Mix 3.mp3 --  (Download: 10.69 MB)

(19-02-2019, 02:36 PM)lu_mfm Wrote: Update.

Yeah man, you're killing it with these updates. Much cleaner. The blast beat section sounds great.