Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is this thing called love - voelund
Read Mikes article and tried the parallel compression thing, I didnt do it much though, but it added a fine blend for me. I like the space when we dont compres much :-) Made the drums and piano pretty narrow and added a very short ambience, 40ms delay and cut at 2 khz. Did a little compression, half a db or so twice in masterin with diffrent compressors and automated the solos a tad. Good playin, but then again they are danish arent they Big Grin

.mp3    What is this thing 00 lim.mp3 --  (Download: 8.54 MB)

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
I think it's perfect! you reminded me that I must work on my ambience since I leave most of my mixes dry. I love the sound of the piano and the overall club ambience you created!
mixing since April 2013
Thank you Juan. Inspiration isnt the worst one can be Big Grin Listnin back its a very nice rest o ears from the one Im workin on at mo. Even though I deliberately mix at low volume most o the time some music just tire the mind, or the fixes you wanna make and dont succeed with does :-) Do you have a convolution reverb juan, I attach the impulse response I often use for short ambience and hicut to taste. Locut is almost always 600 Hz, it ads a lovely short verb, and glues things together. A 0ms predelay is also standard. Mike Has some very good impulse responses too. You can find them here: http://www.cambridge-mt.com/ms-links.htm#freeware

.zip    emt 250 T0.4_Pre22ms_low1.5_high0.5-kopi.WAV.zip --  (Download: 56.78 KB)

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Thank you Voelund! yes, I got many of the free stuff that Mike offers there and SIR was one of the reverb plugins that I use all the time. Now I've added your file to it and I've given it a try just to see how it sounds.

I will be using it in future mixes for sure!

Mixing at low volume is something that I always do. Sometimes, when I want my wife's opinion about a mix, she always asks me why I have the volume that low, but I think it's good for the ears as I read in many articles about mixing. Besides, we have to preserve and look after them so we can use them many many years for our favorite hobby Rolleyes
mixing since April 2013