Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nos Palpitants mixed by MortenRA
Allrighty heres my mix of Nos Palpitants

Hope you like it

.mp3    Nos Palpitants mixed by MortenRA v3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.5 MB)

Hey Morten
It sounds like you have a big dramatic vision of this and you made some things I dont think work in that direction. The acoustic guitars have a deep resonance you could locate and dampen a bit, maybe lowcut it. The kick is much louder than the bass, and thus they dont act as one and work togehter, the kic sounds a bit dark, maybe thin it a little 250-300 Hz, turn it down a tad and the bass a bit up. When the full band kick in it all sounds a little more dull than what the intro suggests. Maybe due to masterin I dont know, you limited it pretty hard.
It sounds good, dont get me wrong, its small adjustments and one mans taste (mine Big Grin ) Good job and I think the balance is good, except for the kick n bass.
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Hey Voelund
Thx listening and commenting.
And I agree with your points.
So I replaced the kick drum and retweaked the bass and gtrs a little bit.

New version in OP.

Cheers
Morten
Hey Morten I can hear you changed things, guitars way better and more dynamics ( as a matter o fact I had your first mix on my computer so I could compare them)
The kick as I hear it has the same perceived loudness here, so Im sorry to say but my advice wasnt that good.
What I suggest now is turnin both kick and bass down a tad in chorus parts or thin both so they dont fight for the space. Sorry to be a partykiller :-)
Do you mix on small speakers ? Your mix translates really well on my small tascam auratone wannabe speakers. On my Dynaudios the bass and kick still is the stars in the mix :-)
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
I really like where the kick is.
I do agree the bass is still a little too loud!.
I mix on Event ASP8, but Ive been mixing at very low volume as my son is sick, so when hes sleeping I had some time to do the revision. I hear now when I have the speaks back up up at working volume that the bass is a little too loud and is a little too subby as well.

Thx for the comments
So last revision v3 in OP.

Thx for taking the time to comment man, really appreciate it! Cool
No problem. Are your last name Eriksen ?
(24-09-2013, 04:02 PM)Voelund Wrote: No problem. Are your last name Eriksen ?

No Smile
Its Andersen hence MortenRA
Nice epic mix.O nly minor points I have are the voc could use some de-essing, I know there was a lot on the track but could do with some taming. Really like your voc delay but maybe use it more sparingly rather than constantly. Good stuff though.