Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fergessen - -Back to the Start (JojoMix)
Hi everybody !

Here's my try on this song. I think the original got a strange panoramic and lacks some brightness. The record is not very good, specially on overheads and lead vocal, and that makes a good training to make it feel natural.

I hope my mix is not too dry, i like the way it's sound, "clean". Have a good listening, and don't hesitate to comment Wink

.mp3    Fergessen - BackfromtheStart - JojoMixage 20190124 m44.mp3 --  (Download: 6.04 MB)

Sound is quantum physic
https://www.josselinannepro.com/
The intro is very promising, with that pretty synthetic drum sound, but then vocals come in so loud, squuashed and harsh that the mix kinda breaks. On headphones, I had to lower the volume because it was really nasty, therefore the track loses presence and punch. It's true the raw is pretty bad, but then it's like you put it so much in front of the band that it's really hard to take. It gets a little better as the track moves and the arrangement gets busier, but it's pretty bad and would need some automation (good news, it might be not take more than dimming the vocal).

Cool cosmic treatment on the guitar, thou sorta overdone, and well use of the electric piano.

Dry a mix, well it's clearly not, not in my book, and likely not by modern commercial standards. Even the reverb from the drums would be too much for what's hot these days. Not that it matters, to each its own and there are great swampy wet mixes out there.