Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
hugarian dance, mix by Maxime Brochard
Hi ! (sorry for my english, i'm french).

Here is my mix for the Hungarian dance No.5. All mixing in the box, in LogicProX.
First, i used a linear in phase channel EQ on the Gtr mic and the sax to unmask some frenquencies. after that i just add a little bit of th DI track, but not a lot, i don't really like DI sounds. Then I add 2 reverbs, a room (Lexicon 480 with altiverb plug-in)for the "presence" (?) and a large opera IR, to open the sound a little bit, with a mix more dry than wet. Thanks for listening en answers about that !
have a nice day, Maxime.

.mp3    Hungarian Dance V2-Fichier MP3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.91 MB)

Hey Maxime, your mix sounds quite good to me. The reverb sounds nice! Well done! Keep it up!
thanks !

Hey, great mix! The reverb sounds really good, and balance is good with sax off to the right a bit (and guitar symmetrically to the left), but not too far. I really like how the transients are highlighted in the guitar part toward the beginning!

It sounds like the guitar is compressed too much. Spots like 0:37 and any several-note hit are noticeably "squashed". The sax doesn't show nearly as much of this.
(18-01-2019, 08:44 PM)lmat Wrote: Hey, great mix! The reverb sounds really good, and balance is good with sax off to the right a bit (and guitar symmetrically to the left), but not too far. I really like how the transients are highlighted in the guitar part toward the beginning!

It sounds like the guitar is compressed too much. Spots like 0:37 and any several-note hit are noticeably "squashed". The sax doesn't show nearly as much of this.

Thanks for sharing your lights ! Wink