Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It Was My Fault For Waiting Mix
Had a go at ruining this one today and yesterday, nice song!

This song was recorded really well, but what spoils it a bit for me is that the guitars are either out of tune, or the intonation is off. To my ear, it's annoying to hear out of tune instruments in a track. The vocals are sweet though, very well sung and articulate.

I chopped up a vocal line or two for fun and to create a bit of focus and texture in the sections I found a little washy. I blended a sampled kick and snare room with the original drums and mixed in a good bit of the DI guitars re-amped with a modded Plexi sim.

Questions, comments, concerns Huh

Cheers!

.mp3    My Fault Mixed.mp3 --  (Download: 10.01 MB)

(18-01-2019, 08:45 PM)Pasta Wrote: Had a go at ruining this one today and yesterday, nice song!

This song was recorded really well, but what spoils it a bit for me is that the guitars are either out of tune, or the intonation is off. To my ear, it's annoying to hear out of tune instruments in a track. The vocals are sweet though, very well sung and articulate.

I chopped up a vocal line or two for fun and to create a bit of focus and texture in the sections I found a little washy. I blended a sampled kick and snare room with the original drums and mixed in a good bit of the DI guitars re-amped with a modded Plexi sim.

Cheers!

Very nice and creative
Cheers Cico!
LOL you kidding me I just spent 2 days mixing this are you stalking me.
How you get it to sound like this I will never know. Sounds great.
Haha, YOOO I'm not stalking! We must go for similar mixes, I've covered most of the rock and metal tunes that have caught my ear on here. I'm trying to do more outside of rock at the moment. Attempting this clubbish pop song called "Heartbeats" right now and really struggling Confused Confused

Thanks for listening though, I don't know what I did to make it sound this way either so thank god you didn't ask.

About to check yours out.
(18-01-2019, 08:45 PM)Pasta Wrote: Had a go at ruining this one today and yesterday, nice song!

Cheers!

Hi! I am mixing this song now. Your lead guitars sound dope. How did you manage to get a good sound? by just using the DI tracks and re-amping them?
Hi

In general it sounds awesome. I like what you've added, it really suits the song.
At first I didn't really dig your drums, but they'd kinda grew on me during the song.

Great job, keep it up
I have a Polish friend, who is a sound engineer. Oh, and a Czech one too.

#nobodygoeshomehummingthekickdrum
#nosubnoshow