Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Ikebe Shakedown - The Last Stand (Liquid Mix)
Ikebe Shakedown - The Last Stand (Liquid Mix)

.mp3    Ikebe Shakedown - The Last Stand.mp3 --  (Download: 8.78 MB)

Hi Liquid i think if you eased off the compression/limiter on the master you would have a fantastic mix.
Reaper user
(19-01-2019, 12:08 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi Liquid i think if you eased off the compression/limiter on the master you would have a fantastic mix.

Hi Cudjoe, I knew that I went too far : D
I tested on the tracks a bunch of 1176 + la2a
There is almost nothing on the master)
Thank you for replying
It's a cool approach, giving a brief rest to that 70's show theme the tune seems to make people naturally gravitate to. It reminds me of something you could hear in a "Ocean's 11" flick.
Aesthetically, I like most everything. Horns are greatly panned without feeling detached (sax sounds incredible). Drum sound is punchy and modern (looong cymbals overpower the mix a little everytime they happen) and the long and thick reverb makes sense for me for it's helping make the tune fuller but not slowing it down. Guitar could cut more, mostly because it is such a sparse arrangement, but as it is it works great anyway. Good choice to keep the bongos understated, you can feel them but it doesn't sound like a percussion demo.

Bass and drums are overcompressed, thou. Not in a bad way, because they all sound great, but the sum of all those huge parts takes a good chunk of life from the tune. Listening on headphones, bass is so round and warm it made me think there was reverb on it.