Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesper jazz trio mix
This my mix for this jazz trio

It's my first time mixing jazz so any comments would be usefull
I did not use any gate I gated manually with automation and there is almost no compression

Enjoy

.m4a    Jesper trio.m4a --  (Download: 12.18 MB)

(21-09-2013, 11:47 AM)Sebguitarist Wrote: It's my first time mixing jazz so any comments would be usefull
I did not use any gate I gated manually with automation

Gated? How come? Not the kind of style I'd expect any gating on at all.
(21-09-2013, 07:24 PM)Mike Senior Wrote:
(21-09-2013, 11:47 AM)Sebguitarist Wrote: It's my first time mixing jazz so any comments would be usefull
I did not use any gate I gated manually with automation

Gated? How come? Not the kind of style I'd expect any gating on at all.

sorry i expressed my self wrong. what i meant is that I used automation to keep a good Volume without peaking because I did not want to put limiter or dynamics of this kind
(21-09-2013, 10:25 PM)Sebguitarist Wrote: sorry i expressed my self wrong. what i meant is that I used automation to keep a good Volume without peaking because I did not want to put limiter or dynamics of this kind

Oh, cool -- that makes more sense! Smile
I think you did a good job mixin this. My only suggestion would be the pannin, its confusin when the drummer palys a certain ride cymbal its very far from the rest o the kit - could be the piano mics bleed ? Oh and the drum solo is stereo, I think I get your idea, you are fadin things up and down, and that way sometimes create a diffrent stero image. I would suggest a more static mix, the music speaks well for itself, and fades like this take focus from it. Just my 5 cents. Great sound !
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Now I had a go at it myself I suggest you look into narrowing both the OH mics and the piano, that did the trick for me Big Grin
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
(22-09-2013, 11:38 PM)Voelund Wrote: Now I had a go at it myself I suggest you look into narrowing both the OH mics and the piano, that did the trick for me Big Grin

Ok good . I will try you're suggestion. I felt like there was something missing or not well blend and you put the finger on it.
Thanks for the hint