Leave a comment, Ill return the favor
Cheers
KirkSmile

Version 2

Re-Balanced and Eq. Reduced compression
comments welcome
KSmile

listening again, vocals need more automation and pulled back

.mp3    Kung Fu \'Joy Ride\'-02.mp3 --  (Download: 15.88 MB)

.mp3    Kung Fu \'Joy Ride\'-Ver.2.mp3 --  (Download: 15.88 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
It sounds great! I like the midrange balance though I feel it's too upfront... It could use a little more Boom and Fizz. It's either that or it's the peak-RMS ratio, perhaps it's just a little to transient Smile
Everything is grooving, feels wide and exciting. Great job!
(18-01-2019, 11:35 AM)Fenekucci Wrote: It sounds great! I like the midrange balance though I feel it's too upfront... It could use a little more Boom and Fizz. It's either that or it's the peak-RMS ratio, perhaps it's just a little to transient Smile
Everything is grooving, feels wide and exciting. Great job!

Hey Fenekucci
This was a late night headphone mix, so I couldn't check it on the monitors.
Thanks for commenting, makes perfect sense what your saying. Ill have another go at it and make some corrections.
Thanks that helps a lot!
Cheers
KirkSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Ver. 2

Eq'd and balanced. reduced compression on master buss
comments welcome
KSmile
What a great song! I think your kick in mix 1 was a lot more fitting for the genre. It's a little too clicky now in the second version.
Niko
----------------------------
Latest project : Noise Implant
(19-01-2019, 08:52 PM)axxessdenied Wrote: What a great song! I think your kick in mix 1 was a lot more fitting for the genre. It's a little too clicky now in the second version.

Hi Niko

Thanks, Ill have a listen later and check the Kick and remedy it.
Thanks again!!
Cheers
KSmile
listened version 2. although i dont think the sound field has to be 'symmetric', the guitar on the left is perhaps too noticeable. yet, the panning seems to work better during the instrumental parts. nice job. ^_^
Hi Kirk version 2 works more for me sounds more meaty and full,version 1 seems more midrange orientated,well done once again.
Reaper user
(20-01-2019, 10:00 PM)kapu Wrote: listened version 2. although i dont think the sound field has to be 'symmetric', the guitar on the left is perhaps too noticeable. yet, the panning seems to work better during the instrumental parts. nice job. ^_^

Thanks Kapu, Ill pan it in a bit or maybe automate it in the chorus.

KSmile
(21-01-2019, 04:14 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi Kirk version 2 works more for me sounds more meaty and full,version 1 seems more midrange orientated,well done once again.

Thanks Cudjoe.

That helps a lot.
Cheers
KSmile