Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CR Mix
Hello this is my mix, it has no master, so it is possible that you have to move up the fader to listen to it.

I appreciate the comments.

.mp3    Four Graham.mp3 --  (Download: 6.04 MB)

Hey Carlos!

That's a cool mix! I used it as a reference as I love how the vocals fit well with the rest (did not manage this well on my mix) you left room for the voice presence. The first verse is great with the "boxy" vocals.

Might be because I over compressed mine but I feel like the drums could be a tiny bit tighter (kick snare), I cannot hear the kick distinctively in your mix and the kick was a bit inconsistent throughout the song so sometimes present and sometimes buried, and snare lacking just a bit of punch.

The guitars and bass are "eating each other" a tiny bit frequency-wise maybe.

Hope this is helpful, thanks for sharing Smile

Quentin
(11-02-2019, 11:56 AM)Zbat Wrote: Hey Carlos!

That's a cool mix! I used it as a reference as I love how the vocals fit well with the rest (did not manage this well on my mix) you left room for the voice presence. The first verse is great with the "boxy" vocals.

Might be because I over compressed mine but I feel like the drums could be a tiny bit tighter (kick snare), I cannot hear the kick distinctively in your mix and the kick was a bit inconsistent throughout the song so sometimes present and sometimes buried, and snare lacking just a bit of punch.

The guitars and bass are "eating each other" a tiny bit frequency-wise maybe.

Hope this is helpful, thanks for sharing Smile

Quentin

Thanks for your comments, very useful. Duplicate the Kick Track to work a little more with it without the spill distraction, use a compression bus for the drums. It works very well for me your comment.
With the Bass and the guitars, a little bit of eq on bass and change the mix of the guitars.
I love this kind of feedback thank you again.
I post some pictures of the plugins of the main voice.

Thumbnail(s)

Thanks a lot Carlos, super appreciated and glad it helped!

Awesome screenshots, so that would be your signal chain in that order?

It's cool because the vocals do not sound too compressed, can I ask how many dbs reduction for the first and second compressor? The voice is still something I really struggle with so end up with bright vocals and never manage to use the de-esser properly.

Thanks again!
Quentin
(12-02-2019, 10:31 AM)Zbat Wrote: Thanks a lot Carlos, super appreciated and glad it helped!

Awesome screenshots, so that would be your signal chain in that order?

It's cool because the vocals do not sound too compressed, can I ask how many dbs reduction for the first and second compressor? The voice is still something I really struggle with so end up with bright vocals and never manage to use the de-esser properly.

Thanks again!
Quentin

Hi, answering your questions, yes, that's my signal chain. the average reduction is six dB but hard sections can reach up to 12 dB, the trick is to use a soft knee, these reductions apply to the two compressors. The d-esser is more the plugin that I use than the parameters, I like how its works and I prefer shelf type reduction and then I compensate with eq.

Regards