Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Own Mix
My mix of " My Own". Open for suggestions/comments please.
Thanks
12ver

.mp3    My Own MP3.mp3 --  (Download: 10.83 MB)

I've been working on this mix recently and you have taken quite a different approach to the one I have taken, so its nice to hear someones else's take on it.

I liked the panning effect that you have added to the Cymbal, especially on its first appearance as I wasn't expecting it.

I found the high pitch whistling type sound (first appearing at 0:09 and then at various times throughout) a little annoying and don't think that it added anything to the mix.
(25-09-2013, 06:56 PM)Edward Wrote: I've been working on this mix recently and you have taken quite a different approach to the one I have taken, so its nice to hear someones else's take on it.

I liked the panning effect that you have added to the Cymbal, especially on its first appearance as I wasn't expecting it.

I found the high pitch whistling type sound (first appearing at 0:09 and then at various times throughout) a little annoying and don't think that it added anything to the mix.
I hated the original part that was given in the tracks (sounded like a cheap casio violin part.) I didn't think it sounded right for the song. I replaced it with a melotron sample of violin.
I re-did the mix with the original sound and layered a couple other samples on top of it to thicken it up a bit. Still not crazy about it. Still looking for that perfect sound.
Thanks for the comments!

.mp3    My Own Master 2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.9 MB)